2014 Egg Run & Walk
The 5K/10K road race is a fun event open to all the community to walk or run at their own pace. You choose from a 5K health walk, 5K fitness run, or the 10K challenger’s run.
Keeping in all the fun, we offer a random prize give-away and free omelet bar for race participants and volunteers. Be a part of the great annual traditions in Fairfax as a runner or volunteer!
Volunteers are needed pre- and post-race, as well as during the race. To volunteer call Anita Wimette at 849-2136.
Questions, comments or concerns contact race director Katrina Antonovich at 849-6111 ext 8 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Start, Parking, Restrooms
- Race HQ at the United Church of Fairfax!
- Parking is at BFA Fairfax School on Hunt St. No
parking at or around the church!
- Restrooms are available across the hall from the Library
(just inside the school building on the right) and at the
start of the race, at the United Church Parking Lot.
- Race start is promptly at 9:00am at intersection of River
and Fletcher Roads, near United Church of Fairfax.
- Registration will end promptly at 8:30am.
- Awards will be after the final runner crosses the finish
- Allow plenty of time to park, use the restroom,
and if necessary, register!
- 5K course is flat and is out and back to the Fairfax Falls
dam, appealing to recreational runners and walkers out for fun, or
to speedsters seeking a personal best.
- 10K course continues past the dam over a large hill, followed by
a flat stretch past pretty River Berry Farm, up a small hill and
back to Chafee Road, to Sheperdson Hollow Road, into shady wooded
hills, then back to the start.
Roads are asphalt and hard-packed dirt
Egg Run 10K Map
Egg Run 5K Map
10K Turn Around
Kids Fun Run
Children under age 14
Registration: Not required
Location: United Church of Fairfax
Fee: View brochure
Contact: Katrina (849-2641 /
The 1K (Kids Fun Run) course is mostly flat.